Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friends of the Library

Hello, Blog Followers!

First of all thanks to Cami Jones for the idea of starting a blog...then, a huge thanks to Miss E. Wade for setting it all up and dummy proofing it for me!

Yesterday, I was privileged to have two very special visitors in the library.  Ramsi and Natalie, my OBU students, came to visit and offer their assistance, as needed.  I should back up and say that I had just been telephoned by a representative from Scholastic who told me that a book fair would be delivered to the library on the third day of school!  I was very much in the middle of an anxiety attack.  Ramsi returned my advice to me....STOP, TAKE A DEEP BREATH, AND RELAX; very good advice, indeed.  I am breathing easier because of their visit.  We scrubbed BLACK ticky-tack off of the front windows and doors and pulled the very most damaged books from the shelves.  Natalie found herself very talented in the art of book repair.  We had a lovely time together...I documented with photos on my phone camera which I am now going to attempt to upload into this post...we'll see...thanks for following my progress as it unfolds!  It will surely be an adventure!!

There are some issues with the photos...I will consult my blog creator and chief tutor, E. Wade!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you have a blog. I need to get mine going again. ;) I told you I would help if you needed any. Please let me know. We also still need to get together for lunch or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, we do! I am certain that I will need all of the help I can get on this. I am thinking of loading little videos from a flip camera. Have NO idea how to do that.

    ReplyDelete